Monday, June 21, 2010

WE'RE HERE!

Oh my goodness...I'm so happy to FINALLY be able to be online! Out internet connection at the flat where we are staying is a little patchy and this is the first I've been able to log into anything.

Hopefully many of you saw the message on our group blog letting you know that we arrived safely. Travel was relatively uneventful, which was good. My long layover in Newark was paced out through the arrival of many of my team members throughout the day. It has been a huge blessing already to get to know my teammates and begin this journey together.

I have an entire blog written (but saved on a different computer) about something very cool God did at the very beginning of my trip, but I'll save that until I can get online later today (I'm currently racing a dying battery in order to get this post up. :)

We're hoping to be able to get easier internet access soon, and I should be able to post again before long. For now, I'll just say, the excitement has begun. We're just getting the lay of the land today, touring the school, meeting the kids, and planning our week. God is good. India is hot. Indian kiddos are PRECIOUS. (I'm already planning a group picture with me and several little girls who have their noses pierced. :)) We're heading to the slums this afternoon to visit with three families of kids from the school. We're looking forward to seeing where these kids come from and getting to know and pray for their families. Of course we want to share love with them and serve them, but we also know that we will be learning so much from them over the next several days.

Thank you all for your prayers for traveling mercies and for your continued prayers as we start getting to know the kids and being immersed in the culture.

More soon, hopefully. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment